Wednesday, February 6, 2008

More Buttons!




As you all know too well, I have an obsession with buttons. They are round, they are pretty, they are perfect additions to everything.


Today I indulged in my favorite activity in the world. I sat at my work table, put all of my jars of buttons in front of me, and played. I like to let the buttons tell me what they want to be. I know that sounds silly. I start out by dumping one of my jars, and choose a few buttons. Then I stack them and wait for inspiration to strike. Today the buttons wanted to be brooches, along with some really great vintage brass stampings I have been saving for just the right project.
A few of the brooches are now listed in the shop, and there are lots more to come.
I have a feeling this button obsession is not going to end any time soon.

No comments: