Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Roses and Pixies



Fairies, pixies, sprites, and other magical forest dwellers have been on my mind lately. When I was a child I used to imagine that they lived on the hill behind my school. I thought if I looked really hard and kept really quiet I might be lucky enough to spot one, if only for a moment. I never did, of course.




I love artwork of little woodland fairies dressed in acorn hats. Larger fairies and pixies cannot wear acorns, of course. That is what inspired my newest hat, which I just listed in the shop.


I also added a pretty pink rose colored hat, complete with some of my favorite antique buttons from my collection.

I went yarn shopping yesterday, and came home with a huge haul. The new skeins whisper to me, telling me what they want to be. So I'm off to grab my new to me antique hooks and make some pretties!

No comments: