Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We're not just soap!





I am a complete crafting nut. The soap is my main job, but I also like to dabble in other crafts. This week I have been obsessed with jewelry. More specifically, jewelry made with antique buttons.





I love old buttons. I love the way they look, the way they feel, the way they smell.... In my mind each button carries a story. Who owned this button? What adventures did this button (and it's wearer) go on? Who did this button meet? If only I could peek into the life the button lived. I also love to think about the women who took the time to meticulously cut these well loved buttons from treasured pieces of clothing and save them in cigar boxes and bell jars for future generations.





Here are a couple of the results of my jewelry making binge this week:





These one of a kind pieces are currently available in my shop

I have more trinkets in front of me, and they are begging to be turned into pretty wearables.

Have a lovely evening!

No comments: