Monday, December 17, 2007

Victorian Christmas


I have always thought that the Victoiran era and Christmas go hand in hand. Queen Victoria is credited with making the Christmas Tree a fashionable tradition in England. Everyone admired her Christmas tree, and since ordinary people wanted to be like the Queen, they too brought in trees to decorate.


My favorite Victorian mail order store has long been Victorian Trading Company. So you can imagine my delight when I found out they are local, and have a store that is just a short drive from me. The store is beautiful, everything you would imagine it to be. It is just like walking through the pages of their gorgeous catalog.


Their Christmas items are lovely. I am very fond of this, and last year we had a lot of fun with these.


All these old fashioned pretties inspired me to make these cameo soaps. Right now I have them listed in Dreama and Blackberry musk fragrances, but I will be listing many more this week. They look stunning in your guest bathroom, and the fragrance is wonderful.

Have a beautiful Monday!

No comments: